Tips and advice on carrier selection
- ALWAYS make sure that the carrier or broker that you scheduled on DashHaul.com is the same as the one that arrives at your pick up location. Check MC #’s and license plates on the truck and make sure they match to the ones on the site.
- Check carrier credibility. Check peer reviews on the site and always ask for references.
- Make sure all registration, Motor carrier numbers (MC#) and DOT numbers are active and current. All information can be found at li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov
- Always check safety ratings and compliance at li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov
- Make sure the carrier has the proper amount of insurance on file and proper amounts of insurance for your shipment. The standards for the industry are listed but not limited to $100,000 cargo and $1,000,000 combined single (liability coverage in transit). However, always perform your own check on the “standard” you and your company need from a carrier.
- Make sure to cross check the insurance by contacting the carrier’s insurance company and requesting their current insurance certificate naming your company as the insurance certificate holder which will limit liability for your company.
- Make sure all documents and paperwork (if applicable) are legible, completed and signed.